10 Step Search Process
This process is designed to solicit and disseminate the necessary information and resources to assure a successful search and hiring outcome.
Download this page in PDF format here
Step 1: Requisition and Internal Approval
- Gather information about the position and challenge the market validity.
- Assess position responsibilities, technical and professional skills required, competitiveness of the compensation, flow of hiring process and company/group dynamics.
- Address concerns and offer recommendations.
- Acknowledge fee agreement and terms.
Step 2: Client Approval
- Conduct position search assignment interview with hiring authorities.
- Finalize and get Client approval of the position description.
- Upon receiving approval of position description and authorized terms, the search is launched.
Step 3: Existing Candidate Identification
- Pull from existing Candidate database and narrow potential matches through a process based on work history and contributions, criteria for career movement, cultural and chemistry match, and technical compatibility.
- The semi-finalists will be re-evaluated and approved for submission to Client.
Step 4: New Candidate Recruitment and Development
- ARG will network our centers of influence to source referrals of industry "stars."
- Exploratory contacts are made to determine viability for career movement and placement.
- Candidates are not "baited" with Client's requirements. They are asked to describe their true career motivation and desire for progression.
- Uninfluenced Candidates that match Client's assignment have an improved chance for retention and predictability.
- Technical and professional proficiency are thoroughly examined.
- Top Candidates are given Client exposure.
Step 5: Client Presentation and Candidate Preparation
- An assessment of selected finalists will be presented to Client.
- Presentation includes Candidate:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Criteria for Career Movement
- Compensation History
- Selected Candidates are thoroughly prepped before interviews.
Step 6: Present Finalists
- The finalists are presented to the Client to begin interview and selection process.
- Interview times are discussed/arranged.
- Timing, sense of urgency and competition will vary among each candidate, so projected shelf life will be communicated to client.
Step 7: Client / Candidate Interviews
- Interviews are scheduled and held either on or off Client site.
- Recommendations may be provided to Client to facilitate "no surprise" hiring.
Step 8: Post Interview Debriefings
- After each interview both Candidate(s) and Client will describe in detail and be fully debriefed on Technical/Professional Compatibility, Chemistry and Culture Fit, Position Challenge and Retention.
- Information and findings are presented to both sides.
Step 9: Trial Offer / Pre-Closure
- Once a Candidate is in final consideration, ARG will test an offer hypothetically prior to any formal extension.
- Any incongruities will be resolved or dissolved.
- Arrange acceptable start date.
Step 10: Official Offer and Acceptance
- ARG will verbally extend and convey candidate's offer and acceptance to better insure success, unless otherwise strategically necessary for the client to do it directly.
- When all parties are in agreement, the client will prepare and extend a written offer to the candidate.
- Follow through for smooth transition into new position.